To thrive, you and your organization must be antifragile – able to benefit from problems, feedback, and change. In the fourth edition of this course, Luca will show you principles and best practices you can leverage to make change your competitive advantage.
Develop in yourself and others the ability to spot and act on problems and opportunities, resulting in growth & adaptation at all levels of your organization.
Topics we'll cover
- The factors that cause antifragility – and how to develop them in yourself, your team, and your organization
- Setting metrics that lead to growth without getting gamed
- Establishing effective feedback channels, and ensuring they result in action
- Managing the survival-efficiency trade-off, and solving upstream problems in the process
- Green and red flags of antifragility + case studies
- Interacting with your team to develop skills, engagement, and proactiveness
You want to scale the company you started without the diseases that come with it (lack of flexibility, widespread disengagement, gaming of metrics).
You want to ensure your company’s survival but realize that you can’t do it by putting off fires yourself – you must get your employees on board, and you must make it resistant to threats and downturns you cannot predict.
You manage a team or an organization. You see risks and opportunities, but your team ignores them.
You know that change is inevitable but do not know how to engender it. Your team is slow to adapt to changes in procedures or in the market, and you know that dividing your time between pressuring them and putting off fires isn’t the way forward.
You run or work for an agency consulting managers. You have clients who need to adapt but resist change. You heard about antifragility but do not know how to apply the concept in practice or how to get others to apply it.
You know that bottom-up adaptation is an important part of a healthy organization, but your clients focus on top-down only.
Meet your instructor
Luca worked on tens of consulting projects, from manufacturing Fortune 500s to fintech startups. He is uniquely positioned at the intersection of management (having managed a large team himself), antifragility (having published several papers and books on adaptive systems), and behavioral change (having presented between others at Nudgestock 2020).
Luca’s courses are hands-on, no bullshit, and long-term-focused. He believes that ideas should be judged not on whether they make sense, but on whether they can be widely implemented with sustainable results and little side-effects.
Luca is read by more than 20k people.
In this course, you will get the tools to make you, your team, and your company more antifragile. You will set metrics that can’t be abused, you will establish feedback processes that drive adaptation at all levels of the company (individual, team, product, processes, and organization). You will better manage the survival-efficiency tradeoff, being able to distinguish between necessary cushions and waste. And you will learn how to integrate these approaches in what you and your organization are already doing, minimizing internal disruption.
What others are saying
- Sessions are engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking. Luca will engage you with questions and encourage you to share your problems and experiences. Moreover, office hours will give you ample time to ask for feedback on the specific situations you’re encountering at work.
- You will meet a diverse and international group of peers with similar problems as yours. You will share concerns and get advice. At the end of the course, you will also access the online community with previous participants to Luca’s courses.
- You won’t learn abstract frameworks that reinvent the wheel or nice ideas that are hard to implement in practice. Instead, you will learn principles to incorporate in the way you and your organization already operate.
- Get your questions answered
For the duration of the course, you will have plenty of direct access to myself (Luca Dellanna), to have me answer your questions. All sessions are delivered live by me, and two "Office Hours" will give you plenty of opportunity to ask me questions.
Moreover, during those two weeks I do my best to have lots of free time to answer questions over email or to schedule quick one-on-ones.
Also, before the course starts, I will send you an optional questionnaire on the specific situations you’re encountering in your day-to-day at your organization. Answering it will provide me with valuable information to ensure I address your specific needs.
Before the course begins, you will receive introductory videos covering the fundamentals of antifragility, a visual framework to understand and apply its principles, and how to set proactive metrics – metrics that give you a chance to spot problems early so that you get a chance at addressing them before they can hurt you.
Some objectives are easily gamed or lead to unintended consequences. Luca will teach you how to set and adapt the objectives you give to your team (and how you give them) to maximize organic growth while minimizing side effects.
Change is inevitable. However, you can influence the level at which it occurs. Luca will teach you how to ensure that you, your team, and your organization become an active part of change, and that you do so with as little internal disruption as possible. You will also be able to establish effective feedback channels and to interact with your team to develop their skills, engagement, and proactiveness.
Managing the survival-efficiency tradeoff
Organizations find themselves with two opposing needs: resilience and efficiency. Part of this tradeoff is inevitable, but part of it can be solved with a win-win on both sides. After this module, you will be able to discriminate and justify which extra resources are cushions that can save the organization during crises and which are plain waste. You will also learn how to prevent the former from degenerating into the latter. Moreover, Luca will also show you how survival is not only about minimizing downsides but also enabling upsides.
How to estimate the antifragility of your organization / team / process (and the limit to which it can be known). Luca will show you how auditing is not just for a tool for compliance but also for uncovering opportunities and growing internal capabilities. You will learn best practices and become effective at using them to demonstrate and reinforce your priorities and your organization’s.
Be the first to know when they next cohort starts
How does it work?
The course lasts two weeks. Its core consists in four live sessions, a Q&A, and two one-on-ones (exact dates below). The live sessions are repeated twice each, one at timing friendly for Asian/Oceanian students and one at an American-friendly timing (Europeans and Africans will find both timings friendly). If you can't make it live, don't worry: you will receive recordings.
Here is the full schedule. You can join all sessions at either 9am CET / 3pm Singapore or 7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST (each live session is repeated twice, to allow everyone to find at least one time which is good for their timezone).
- Monday the 4th of October: the first module.
- Monday the 11th of October: the second module.
- Monday the 18th of October: the third module.
- Monday the 25th of October:: the fourth module.
- Tuesday the 16th of November: Q&A.
All sessions will be recorded and shared with the participants.
Moreover, you will be able to book two 30-minutes one-on-ones with Luca, in which to ask him any questions you might have about the contents of the course or their application to your specific situation.
In addition, before the course begins:
- When you sign up, I will send you a few questions to better understand your situation and eventually add content to the curriculum to cover your specific needs.
- Two weeks before the course begins, you will receive some introductory material (video and readings); they're optional.
Moreover, once the course ends:
- Upon completion, you will get access to the online community of the alumni to my courses.
- One week later, you will receive the completion certificate.
- Two weeks later, you will get to participate to a group Zoom call with the alumni from previous cohorts.
- Every time I finish a new cohort, there will be another Zoom call open to all alumni.
Frequently Asked Questions
I offer a full refund no–questions–asked to participants who attend the lessons and yet do not find the course valuable. That said, no participant in any of my courses to date asked for a refund.
It's okay if you miss a workshop or two. You will receive a recording of each live workshop, for you to replay at your convenience.
Many companies treat work-related courses such as this one as reimbursable expenses. And if yours doesn’t, you can always ask your boss. Here is a template you can use for the request.
Absolutely not! This course applies some of its principles, but 95%+ is original content from my research and practical applications from my experience in management.
Not at all. This course doesn’t assume you read it (though it’s my favorite book ever, and I recommend you read it anyway).
About 25% of the course content comes from my books, but the rest is original. Plus, in this course, you get direct access to me, you can ask questions and get tailored advice for the specific situation you’re in, and meet peers with whom you can share ideas.
Absolutely not! If you’ve read any book of mine, you know that I come from an unique angle, focused on clarity and applicability. I don’t teach abstract strategies that sound smart but are hard to implement, fail in practice, or come with a hell of side effects. Almost everything I will show you, I’ve seen it work in the real world – not just for executives, but at all layers of an organization, and not only in the short term but in the long term as well.